Wednesday, April 2, 2008

mystery dancing

around age 14, nearing my last legs of dance class (no pun intended)
i was in a tap dance, of which i have no memory.
there is a photo, and in said photo, i am wearing a one-piece, short sleeve/shorts thing, with an empire waistline that was red on top and black below. the black part had red piping down the center and around the leg of the shorts. there were little black gloves with red lace, and a bowler hat with red ribbon.

im smiling in this photo, balancing on one leg. right foot touching my left knee. perfect dance posture as im holding the rim of my bowler hat with my right hand. smiling. i have no idea what this dance was. i dont remember ever performing in this costume, or what song went along with it.

i really believe this picture is fake. nobody else around me remembers this dance. not even donna scott herself.

2 comments: